Hickok45 having fun with the LC9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk

9c4me
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: New LC9 Video

Post by Hrdnox on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Enjoyed his video and might like to have one someday, however not until I have an opportunity to shoot one. Learned my lesson on the PF9 I got rid of. Sure wish it had the SR9c trigger, though. Maybe they'll revise it someday, like they did with the SR9.Smile

Hrdnox
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jkpz28 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:54 am

Im subscribed to Hickcok he always puts out good vids, nutnfancy is also pretty good.

jkpz28
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TomBomb on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 am

Good report. But the closeup video exhibits a trend that I personally DO NOT LIKE - engraved warnings on the gun!!! BLAH!! This one even has the Ruger website address on the gun in case you need the manual....AHHHHHHHHHH pull hair

TomBomb
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine68 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:00 am

TomBomb wrote:Good report. But the closeup video exhibits a trend that I personally DO NOT LIKE - engraved warnings on the gun!!! BLAH!! This one even has the Ruger website address on the gun in case you need the manual....AHHHHHHHHHH pull hair

+1 thumbs up

Shine68
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jkpz28 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am

Making the world idiot proof, one product at a time. Soon there will be no surface finish on the gun other than instruction. Like the trigger will have "this makes the gun go pow" engraved on it.

jkpz28
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 9c4me on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm

And now the new Kahr CM9-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyvmVUHSdcw

9c4me
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardcurdog on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

That's pretty good, Hickock wearing a Glock hat while test driving a Ruger. I wonder how much fine tuning Ruger did to this gun before they sent it out to him to test for them.

Leopardcurdog
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Myers on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 am

I'd be interested to see how this gun does. I'll probably wait until it's on the market for a while and Ruger can do their necessary recall before I buy one Razz

Myers
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 9c4me on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Comparison with the PF9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXbGwnVhVY

9c4me
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jkpz28 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Just got the subscription update myself. Can't wait to watch it.

jkpz28
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrdnox on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Sounds like the mandantory Ruger recall is just about ready. Strange one this time. Action seems pretty good, but the front sights are falling off all over the place. Doesn't say much for QC, does it? Apparently, the dovetail and sight base doesn't match up very well at all. Should be a quick and simple fix, but I'd be annoyed, just the same. Hopefully, Ruger is picking up the shipping tab. Glad none are in stock around here, or I'd probably already own one.

Hrdnox
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrdnox on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 am

I'm glad Hickok45 posted the second video before I made a big mistake. After watching the original vid, I was sure I wanted an LC9. However, after watching the second, I'm sure that would have been a costly error on my part. I had a PF9 that was a fine gun, as long as you didn't have to shoot it. Absolutely reliable, but punished the heck out of me at the range. Wound up trading it off simply because I didn't enjoy it and lost about a third of what I paid for it. After seeing the two guns in action, it's obvious to me that the LC9 is just a polished PF9 that wouldn't suit my needs any better. I appreciate his videos, but the LC9 sure took a turn somewhere between the two. You have to watch Hickok, because his initial reviews are almost always glowing, but followup videos sometimes tell a different story all together. Guess I'm back to looking for the perfect self defense gun again, however I'm leaning toward the Kahr CW9 now. It's cheaper than the LC9 and just enough larger to tame the load a little more. Sure wish I could find one to fondle, but I'm thinking it may be my next gun.

Hrdnox
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 9c4me on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 pm

I noticed in his comments he rated the PM9 first, LC9 second and PF9 last. Kind of goes along with the pricing of the three.
The CM9 looks interesting and will be priced similar to the LC9.

9c4me
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sidroski on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Anybody seen anything out of people like hogue for a grip sleeve or a floor plate with a pinkie rest? I will watch this one a year or so and then might pick one up. Interesting little pistol.

sidroski
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jglocke on Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 am

I have been looking at the lc9 and the sr9. Think I will look more closely at the Sr9 more closely now...

jglocke
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrdnox on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Picked up one of these little gems today and, even though, I haven't shot it yet, I think I like it a lot. Seems to fit me so much better than my PF9 did and handles so much better. Quality seems to be several steps up from the Keltek, however for another $100, it probably should. Unfortunately, it's too hot to even feel like shooting it right now, but I'll let you know how it shoots when I get motivated. I'm one who doesn't mind the safety, even though it's not necessary. Plan to pull the mag safety after I get it shaken down and will probably shorten the loaded chamber indicator a bit, but other than that, Ruger seems to have gotten this one right. At least for some of us, it fits my hand well and the trigger fits me better than a lot of the reviewers. I don't find the trigger awkward at all. Perhaps that's why I never could get along with revolver triggers, since a lot of folks like revos and hate the trigger on this. Anyways, looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Hrdnox
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bocephus3513 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:03 pm

How does it handle hotter loads?

bocephus3513
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top