Westboro Baptist "church" is coming to Brandon, MS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Westboro Baptist "church" is coming to Brandon, MS

Post by James D. on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

God bless Staff Sergeant Rogers and his family.
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110414/NEWS/110414011/1287/sports/Fallen-Marine-returning-Miss-?odyssey=nav|head
flag/eagle

Normally, I wouldn't bother with this kind of thing as it's hear-say 90% of the time, but it seems legit: http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110413_Dead-Soldier-Brandon-MS-Jason-A-Rogers.pdf

I'm not happy about it, I'm willing to bet none of you are either.

What can we do? thinking

James D.
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Westboro Baptist "church" is coming to Brandon, MS

Post by Myers on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:23 pm

I received an email from a relative who is in law enforcement around that area. He said that Flowood PD and Rankin County SO are well aware of it, and met with military officials today to prepare. I sincerely hope that Mississippi stands up and shows these s**t human beings that this is not a state that will put up with their bull

Myers
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrdnox on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Don't like it either. I think it's time for another group to get together with them for a "come to Jesus" meeting. I hope they realize there's a special place in hell set aside for folks like them. If they were protesting at my son's funeral, I'm afraid things might get ugly.

Hrdnox
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by miker84 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm in DC today and I have to go out of town for work this weekend, but I promise you that my Patriot Guard brothers will be there. We'll be on the tarmac at Flowood when they fly him in all the way to the cemetary Saturday. We are in contact with local LEO and they are helping us coordinate. We call these folks "Uglies" and rest assured the family isn't gonna see or hear them if we can help it.

Last edited by miker84 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit "return" too soon becaus I was getting mad)

miker84
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by James D. on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Will see you all out there on Saturday afternoon I suspect. Just look for the short guy with the red beard.

I wonder if our local LEO's will turn a blind eye if a few of these people happened to stumble/fall/get hospitalized ?

James D.
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 94LEVERFAN on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 pm

These people need a lesson in southern manners. I didn't know the soldier, but I appreciate his service and his sacrifice, might just have to go to his funeral. I really don't think that his family should have to put up with this trash from wherever the hell they are from. I was not raised that way. Will comment later when I know more facts.

94LEVERFAN
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbat on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Fred Phelps the leader of Westboro Church was born in Meridian and live there till he was 16.

I am a firm believer that the are some people who ought to be in Hell with their back broke, him and his cult followers are at the top of my list.

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to ring cow bells"

bubbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jdphotoguy on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

More injustice has been perpetrated in the name of God then for any other reason. You got to wonder what God thinks of his creation sometimes. I sincerely hopes he issues a recall notice for the A**hat leader and his equally screwed up followers.

jdphotoguy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.Dan on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm

I am driving up from Gulfport to be there for this. I will not let this happen and just sit here. The three hour drive is nothing to lay a brother to rest. Semper Fi.

Lt.Dan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SubGunFan on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 pm

You sometimes have to wonder WTF is bouncing around in their dip$hit heads............ I agree, religion (all forms) has produced a few brain-dead morons..................

SubGunFan
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfovr on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 pm

For those of you wanting to show your support, The Central Mississippi Jeep Association, Offroad Alliance, and the Mississippi Offroad Club will be meeting up and riding with the Patriot Guard Riders to the funeral. Anyone who wishes to come with us is welcome. It doesn't matter is you drive a Jeep or a Pinto, we would love to have you. We will probably be parking on the median in front of Pinelake, but the details are being worked on at this time.

OFFICIAL CALL TO ORGANIZE!!!

A travesty is about to happen!!!! As you know MS has lost one of its Marines in Afghanistan named Staff Sgt Jason Rogers. His funeral is this Saturday at 3pm at Pinelake. The a**hole Westboro "Baptist Church" has been granted a permit to protest at this hero's funeral. They like to hold signs that "God hates your dead Marine, Were glad he's dead"...etc....Lets not let them overshadow the right that this awesome Marine has earned in an honorable funeral.

They can not protest on Pinelakes property so that leaves the road.....guess what...that is our stretch of Adopt a Highway.

*****Stand by....we will be riding with the Mississippi Chapter of the Patriot Guard Riders. They do this all over the US and know the most effective way to show our support.***

If you are interested, please post up so we can get a head count.

wtfovr
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Myers on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Please post more information when you get it. I'm going to push a range trip till a little later to be there.

Myers
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

I was astonished at how many Patriot Guard Riders showed up for the ramp ceremony today. I really appreciate everything ya'll are doing for the families of the soldiers and marines coming back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shine68 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 pm

wtfovr wrote: The a**hole Westboro "Baptist Church" has been granted a permit to protest at this hero's funeral.

how did they get a permit yell pull hair

Shine68
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CAJNFRND on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Workin, REALLY wish I could make it.........

CAJNFRND
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardcurdog on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:01 pm

What kind of bond money would a fellow need if he were to get caught beating someones ass?

Leopardcurdog
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sidroski on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 pm

I can be there, big flag in hand to block them off. With close relatives who have been there like many of you have, it'll be hard to keep from giving a USN a** whoppin' on them but I know this will be send off from a greatful Nation to one of her finest. Where do these people congregate, at the Funeral Home, Church or Graveside? Any info will be appreciated, I'll just wave my Flag to help block them out and bite my tongue to keep the peace that this family deserves.

sidroski
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ree_countrygirl on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:43 pm

i never cease to be amazed at the bs ppl say and do in the name of God.. wow! prayers sent to this man's family and a big thank you goes out to him and all of our military! wish i could be there. these idiots need to be stopped!!!!

ree_countrygirl
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shoeshooter on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 am

Way back in 1969 in the midst of all the anti-war protests, we didn't have to deal with this crap when we buried my stepbrother, KIA in Viet Nam. Absolutely unbelievable. I think that little group of severely misguided souls is going be nearly invisible in the huge crowd of honorable mourners.

shoeshooter
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 94LEVERFAN on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 am

Leopardcurdog wrote:What kind of bond money would a fellow need if he were to get caught beating someones ass?
I know a good bondsman, can probably get us a group rate. Who the hell did these idiots get a freakin permit from?

94LEVERFAN
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top