Liberty Suppressors????

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Liberty Suppressors????

Post by LowLight on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Liberty suppressors? I was looking to pick up the Essence of Liberty and the Infiniti. I just thought I would ask around, and find out what everyone thought of them. Or is there something else everyone would recommend??? I need a 22 can that can handle 17hmr. I also need a 9mm can that can handle a 300 whisper subsonic loads. Any thoughts on this subject would be great. thanks

LowLight
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Liberty Suppressors????

Post by fortydelta on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Waiting on my form 4 to clear for my Mystic now. Haven't shot it yet though. Once my mount comes in I can give you a report...

fortydelta
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I like the 223 suppressor built by Dixie Precision Rifles in Brandon...keep your money feeding Mississippi families

I'll have another built for my 308 later....after this one gets approved by BATFE

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitwise on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 pm

I strongly recommend Liberty. I have a Mystic and have talked with the owner, David, in person - they're good people. The performance of the Mystic is quite good. The customer service is good, too. I had a baffle strike with my Mystic. They replaced the core for free - David was willing to take the core out of his personal unit to give to me. They also machined a custom piston for my Beretta 92fs - the standard piston didn't quite fit.

Bitwise
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ALawyer on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 pm

haven't shot any of the liberty stuff yet, but the people are good people. met with them for a while at the silencer shoot.

2ALawyer
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

http://www.sdslaw.us

Back to top Go down

Post by LowLight on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Spoke to the guys at Liberty the other day. First rate guys all the way around. They were a big help and saved me some money in the process. If any of you out there have any question feel free to get in touch with them. I promise you will get the answers you are looking for and not the answers you would expect from someone sales man.

LowLight
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EEdave86 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:35 pm

They are very highly rated on the silencertalk boards. There are several videos on youtube also.

EEdave86
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dock Rocker on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 am

LowLight wrote:Spoke to the guys at Liberty the other day. First rate guys all the way around. They were a big help and saved me some money in the process. If any of you out there have any question feel free to get in touch with them. I promise you will get the answers you are looking for and not the answers you would expect from someone sales man.

I spent some time with them at the Silencer shoot. They are good people. After getting Fortydelta's can in and looking it over I am more impressed. They are a no frills bunch and their cans reflect that. The mystic is a thing of beauty. I figured since it was trying to be good at everything it would end up being good at nothing, and that does not seem to be the case. the machine work is first rate and I REALLY like the takedown system they have. It is SO simple. I cant wait until fortydelta can get a 3 lug and put it to work. I can tell you that this will be the next can I add to my personal trust.

Dock Rocker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm thinking about getting the Liberty Mystic as well. It seems to have excellent build quality and you can even shoot .223 through it! That's saying something. I'm thinking about going through a class III dealer on the coast, Dad's super pawn. However, I thought I would also check to see what I can buy this for from a dealer and have it shipped to my class III. I keep hearing a lot about Major Malfunction having the best prices. Is that these guys here: http://www.major-malfunction.com/default.htm?

Thanks.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

http://www.rebelrifle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitwise on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Yeah, that's him. If you want a Mystic just give Liberty a call - they'll be happy to ship one to your dealer on a Form 3. Your dealer will charge a fee for the transfer - be sure to find out what Dad's charges beforehand. The Form 3 can take weeks or months, just depending. Then you start your Form 4 like normal.

I love my Mystic and highly recommend it.

Bitwise
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm thinking a dealer charges around $100 to do the transfer. May come out better to buy it from the dealer and no transfer charge. I just emailed Darryl at Dad's Super Pawn so I'll post what he says.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:38 pm

I just got off the phone with Stu from Liberty Suppressors. We talked for over an hour about everything from suppressors to the current state of the nation! He is a really, really nice guy. I'm leaning now toward the Infinity but I really want to be certain that this can will handle gas well under full auto on an SWD. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dock Rocker on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm

keithinvestigations wrote:I just got off the phone with Stu from Liberty Suppressors. We talked for over an hour about everything from suppressors to the current state of the nation! He is a really, really nice guy. I'm leaning now toward the Infinity but I really want to be certain that this can will handle gas well under full auto on an SWD. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Tell me a little mare about what you mean when you say will it handle gas with FA? I have beat on a few of their cans but I need to know exactly what you are asking. And Stu is a great guy. I was really impressed at how well they handle business and how user friendly they are to dealers.

Dock Rocker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:51 am

I am under the impression that the smaller the can = greater blowback of gas in your face

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LowLight on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 pm

keithinvestigations why are you going with the infinity? just asking because i thought that was the can that i wanted. yet, after talking to them on the phone the mystic is makes more since for what i'm looken for. we might have different needs and i only guess we do. i just would like to know what you are looken for vs what i'm looken for.

LowLight
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 pm

It's a good bit lighter, all titanium. Just a high dollar toy. All titanium is very cool and being that I will be married to it for the rest of my life why not pay the extra to have the titanium? Haven't made up my mind for sure though.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LowLight on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 pm

that's was my thoughts. if i'm going to have it forever why not get the best they got. after talken to them, they gave me impression that the mystic had a better tone. same noise level but the infinity has a higher pitch when fired. also that the mystic could handle both sub and super sonic 300 AAC and 223 in a 16'' and under upper. they didn't say the infinity would be able to do the same.

LowLight
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Rifle Ordnance on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 am

LowLight wrote:that's was my thoughts. if i'm going to have it forever why not get the best they got. after talken to them, they gave me impression that the mystic had a better tone. same noise level but the infinity has a higher pitch when fired. also that the mystic could handle both sub and super sonic 300 AAC and 223 in a 16'' and under upper. they didn't say the infinity would be able to do the same.

That is what they told me too. However, I have a dedicated .223 so that wasn't a selling point for me. Albeit, very impressive that a 9mm can will handle that much pressure.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dock Rocker on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:03 am

The mystic can is built like a tank. It is a simple design but very effective. I really like the take down design. We have one in the safe if you want to see one. You can talk forty delta. I think we are going to shoot it for the first time today.

Dock Rocker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LowLight on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:19 am

please give us your thoughts on the mystic after you get some rounds thought it. i'm can't wait to get the paper work start for one.

LowLight
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum