Endeavor Stitchworks 1.5" Cobra Gun Belt Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endeavor Stitchworks 1.5" Cobra Gun Belt Review

Post by JS_280 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:30 am

I've long been a fan of rigger/wilderness/instructor belts for some time. After trying one for the first time, I quickly found their value after I began carrying a CCW on a regular basis. Over the last few years I've tried several, from the cheaper plastic buckle versions up to the 5.11 Trainer belt.

After nearly a year I managed to "wear out" my trainer belt and began looking for a belt with the Cobra style buckle. Unfortunately, all of the variants that I found were 2" duty style belts, rather than the 1"-1.5" size that I needed for everyday wear. While looking through EDCForums.com I came across a post by user "chute43" who is the main person behind Endeavor Stitchworks. His site listed a 1.5" Cobra Shooter's Belt and I was immediately intrigued...not only by the size, but his price as well.

I ordered the belt and received it in around 2 weeks, which was surprising to me given the fact that he's pretty much a one-man operation. The belt was much "prettier" that I expected, with a nicely "melted" end and no fraying threads visible anywhere. Although I generally wear a size 34 to 36 pants, I ordered a 40" belt after measuring my waist with a measuring tape going around a pair of pants. The way the belt is made you have roughly 2" of sizing adjustment up and 2" down.

The belt is made of two layers of webbing with a stiffening layer sewn between. This greatly enhances the comfort of the belt when carrying a weapon and I have absolutely no "holster sag" with my normal CCW rig of a Glock 17 with TLR-1s weaponlight held in an IWB Raven Concealment holster.

Due to the size of the buckle, I am unable to thread it through my belt loops buckle-first, but instead have to leave the buckle connected and undo the velcro as on a regular wilderness/instructor type belt. This doesn't really present a challenge as I am used to this, but may for others who want a quick on-and-off solution.

After two months of wear and tear (I'm not easy on gear) I have still not noticed any fraying threads or problems so far. On the off chance that I have to tow a vehicle out of the mud with this belt, I'll be sure to post a video of its performance... :-)

Overall, it's a great value for individuals that require a good belt for CCW use.

JS_280

Back to top Go down

Re: Endeavor Stitchworks 1.5" Cobra Gun Belt Review

Post by miker84 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 am

Nice write up. I've been looking at getting a new rigger-type belt for carry.

miker84
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jdphotoguy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks for the great review and for making me aware of Endeavor Stitchworks.

I've been looking for this type of belt and all the other manufactures cost more and have exorbitant turn around times.

Edit: well it didn't take long for me to decide to place an order for one of the 1.5' cobra gun belts.

jdphotoguy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JS_280 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:05 am

jdphotoguy wrote:Thanks for the great review and for making me aware of Endeavor Stitchworks.

I've been looking for this type of belt and all the other manufactures cost more and have exorbitant turn around times.

Edit: well it didn't take long for me to decide to place an order for one of the 1.5' cobra gun belts.

Nice! I think you'll love it. The quality of his items has been really good in the items I've purchased from him.

My next writeup will have to be on my Endeavor Stitchworks "Tactical" bungee dog leash... rambo

JS_280

Back to top Go down

Post by jdphotoguy on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 pm

JS_280 wrote:My next writeup will have to be on my Endeavor Stitchworks "Tactical" bungee dog leash... rambo
Be looking forward to your review on the bungee dog leash, I thought about ordering one of them.

jdphotoguy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jdphotoguy on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Well I just got my 1.5" cobra gun belt from Endeavor Stitchworks and like JS_280 I'm impressed with the craftsmanship and it's looks.

The owner Kary seems like a great guy and is eager to please his customers. He also has an eBay Store with a few products not currently on his web site.

jdphotoguy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top