Used handi-rifle barrels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Used handi-rifle barrels

Post by fortydelta on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 pm

I am looking for a new handi rifle barrel, a .357 MAG. I know I can send my receiver to H&R and get a new barrel, but I was curious about not being able to find ANY barrels on the private market. I thought the H&R single shot was fairly popular. Does no one get different barrels?

fortydelta
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Used handi-rifle barrels

Post by dhollis51 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I have a few for mine, 444, 308, 44mag. But not selling any

dhollis51
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fortydelta on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Did you get them all from the factory or is there a secret place that people sell these barrels?

fortydelta
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dhollis51 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:31 pm

No one can sell them (dealer that is) they want to fit them to each reciever. Could make more $$$ if they sold them like t/c does.

I sent mine to them after the season was over and took them bout 5 weeks ti send it back

dhollis51
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rw on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 pm

A forum Joe s told me about is just about the only place to find used handi barrels. http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php
Myself, i am going to just buy a new rifle for the barrel and part out the leftovers.

Rw
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Just buy the barrels from H&R....most were dirt cheap last I looked...many under $100

Think the reason they want you to send your receiver in is so they can make sure it headspaces correctly...which also tells me they have some quality control issues...T/C doesn't have to do that...H&R has has some QC issues in the past

When I bought mine it was a 444 and 270 Win combo...My 270 Win barrel has never been on the gun...

The guns are fine for what they are...one grade above a smoke pole rotflmao no insult meant to the real smoke pole users.....man I don't miss cleaning one of them for anything No

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by inthe10ring on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 am

+1 on dhollis51 and 'neck's comments. H&R require the barrels to be fitted at their shop. It isn't fast, so be patient! I have an older model handy rifle...there are limitations on the calibers that they will fit to an older receiver. I asked for a .308 on a .270 original rifle, but had to settle for a .45-70 after a phone call with the "bad news"; I didn't need another .45-70 , but figured I had already mailed it to them and might as well settle for something. BTW, my .45-70 has never been on the rifle except at the H&R shop.

inthe10ring
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top