[ 5 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 58

What is the best "Wonder Nine?"

Post by Tree of Liberty on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm

I have debated this with friends and family on occasion and am curious what the consensus on this forum is.

What do you think the best "wonder nine" is? (or for all other purposes, which model is your favorite?)

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong in listing one of these as an option. As far as I know all of these models are considered wonder nines.

If I did not list a model you would vote for, select other and post the model you think is best.

Tree of Liberty
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best "Wonder Nine?"

Post by Vermilion on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:46 pm

CZ75

Vermilion
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by miker84 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm

P226

This is purely a subjective opinion based on my own personal preferences.

Last edited by miker84 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

miker84
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Will_M on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm

I think it is best that, from this point forward, those replying to the thread should include WHY they think their choice is best.

I think all of the listed options are perfectly fine. There is no one that is overall better than another. They all have their flaws and positive qualities.

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm

while I luv the H&K...its too pricey for us mere mortals....so I voted for the Sig of course

I would have voted Browning Hi Power....but it was really around before the wonder nine craze and its not fair to have it in the list.

Beside's there are so many variations of em made now in S. America it's kinda ruined me on em...The S American stuff is crapola IMHO

If I could find an oldie in good shape I'd have to take back my vote

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I voted cz75. It has wonderful ergonomics, better than the polymer pistols. Plenty of aftermarket parts and options. It is reliable and accurate. I like that it has some mass due to the steel construction. It can be carried cocked and locked or hammer down. Reliable 19 round mags are available giving it an advantage over the BHP. The finish is more durable and rust resistant than the Sig and the price is much better than the HK. If you had listed the SP01 you would have all that and a light rail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Golfer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 pm

nothing wrote:I voted cz75. It has wonderful ergonomics, better than the polymer pistols. Plenty of aftermarket parts and options. It is reliable and accurate. I like that it has some mass due to the steel construction. It can be carried cocked and locked or hammer down. Reliable 19 round mags are available giving it an advantage over the BHP. The finish is more durable and rust resistant than the Sig and the price is much better than the HK. If you had listed the SP01 you would have all that and a light rail.

What he said. Better than all that typing !!

Golfer
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mgeoffriau on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hard for me to argue with a G17, even though Glock grips don't fit my hand as well as other pistols. Durability, reliability, simplicity, controllability, accuracy, ease of take-down, affordable price, and availability of mags and parts...hard to beat the Glock's combination.

mgeoffriau
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree of Liberty on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm

The mix of responses is great. My personal favorite is the CZ75 but think that every one of those models has something special about them. I know some do not like Beretta but I think they make a good shooter.

I want to know who selected the "other" option and what the other wonder nine is? very curious

Tree of Liberty
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by highplainsdrifter on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

I have to put my vote in for the Sig, though my personal 9mm is the H&K USP. I have a Sig .40/.357, and both the Sig and H&K fit my hands and shoot equally well. Well balanced in both features and weight and both are virtually indestructible. What more could I want?

highplainsdrifter
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by southrenman on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

CZ 75

southrenman
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dbarnes357 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:13 pm

nothing wrote:I voted cz75. It has wonderful ergonomics, better than the polymer pistols. Plenty of aftermarket parts and options. It is reliable and accurate. I like that it has some mass due to the steel construction. It can be carried cocked and locked or hammer down. Reliable 19 round mags are available giving it an advantage over the BHP. The finish is more durable and rust resistant than the Sig and the price is much better than the HK. If you had listed the SP01 you would have all that and a light rail.

Couldn't have explained my vote better.

dbarnes357
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree of Liberty on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 pm

with the SP-01 you also get the sweet sights; super bright in the dark.

it can also make a great "left-hander" since it has an ambidextrous grip and ambidextrous safety (I guess you'd have to learn to rack it with your left pointer?)

Tree of Liberty
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbat on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I voted for the Sig, my personal preference. One not on the list is the S&W59 one of the original wonder nines, would have picked it if it had been on the list.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  Mark Twain

bubbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Q-Tip on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:04 pm

I chose the P226 out of the list, but the FNX-9 is definitely up there in my book. It's confortable to shoot, I like how it operates (DA/SA w/safety and decocker), and have had no issues with it.

Q-Tip
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xd357 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm

xdm is my vote.

Xd357

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree of Liberty on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 pm

so the Walther P99 gets no love?

interesting

Tree of Liberty
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankerHC on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 am

I picked the Beretta 92 SB-F =M9)

Reasons:
Its a full size 9
It's reliable
It beat all comers in the Army's grueling tests for a new sidearm.
When it finally came to the final two (The M9 and the Sig P-226) the Berreta beat the Sig hands down.
I carried and qualified with one for 11 years.

One thing is the frame is aluminum and doesnt have anywhere near the service life of the 1911 so the military retires a lot of them early, wonder where all those M9's are going?

Should also note that the only other one on the list I have experience with is the CZ75, I bought one in Germany. So my answer is not very qualified.

TankerHC
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbat on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

TankerHC wrote:I picked the Beretta 92 SB-F =M9)

Reasons:
Its a full size 9
It's reliable
It beat all comers in the Army's grueling tests for a new sidearm.
When it finally came to the final two (The M9 and the Sig P-226) the Berreta beat the Sig hands down.
I carried and qualified with one for 11 years.

One thing is the frame is aluminum and doesnt have anywhere near the service life of the 1911 so the military retires a lot of them early, wonder where all those M9's are going?

Should also note that the only other one on the list I have experience with is the CZ75, I bought one in Germany. So my answer is not very qualified.

Everything I have ever read on the selection process, the only reason the Army went with the Beretta 92 was it cost less than the Sig, not that the it beat it hands down in the competition.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  Mark Twain

bubbat

Back to top Go down

Post by mgeoffriau on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:57 am

I should mention that while I voted for the G17 for the reasons stated above, I actually prefer my Steyr M9-A1. Took a little more work to get it running just how I want (SS guide rod, new extractor from Steyr, new mag springs from Steyr), but I shoot it better than any Glock I've tried.

mgeoffriau
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum