Advice needed for a CC holster for a SIG P6 (P225)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice needed for a CC holster for a SIG P6 (P225)

Post by Scharfschütze on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm really tired of my flimsy Uncle Mike's inside-the-pants holster and I can't always wear the German shoulder holster that came with the pistol due to what I am wearing most of the time. I'd like a secure, stabile inside the belt holster that (if possible) I can quickly put on or remove when necessary. Oh and price is a consideration, I'd rather not break the bank - but yeah I know you get what you pay for.
I know there's a ton of experience with CCW holsters on this forum, I thank y'all in advance for any advice you may have to offer!

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Location: In the SW part of the "Land Mass" between Louisiana and Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice needed for a CC holster for a SIG P6 (P225)

Post by Gebirgsjaeger on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:31 am

I carried mine in a Frontline Holster. Safe to carry and quick to draw. Haven´t found anything better!

It was the third in the first row.

http://www.front-line.co.il/english-----Outside_holsters.html

Gebirgsjaeger
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scharfschütze on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Gebirgsjaeger wrote:I carried mine in a Frontline Holster. Safe to carry and quick to draw. Haven´t found anything better!

It was the third in the first row.

http://www.front-line.co.il/english-----Outside_holsters.html
Danke Ulrich!
I'm looking for an inside the waistband or one that fits tightly against the body for concealed carry. The permit law here in Mississippi requires that the pistol / revolver be concealed when I carry. I'm looking at their inside the waistband holsters now.

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gebirgsjaeger on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Bitte gerne, Phillip!

Gebirgsjaeger
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by highplainsdrifter on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 am

I have a Sig P229 that I carry in a Galco summer comfort. They are good leather and available with or without a thumb break. I like the open top and have never been concerned that the pistol will slip out. It holds very securely.

As for style, it is an iwb with two belt loops that snap so it is easy to put on and take off. It also has about a 15 degree forward can't that makes it easy to draw from the hip or kidney and is comfortable to wear all day. Even when I carried a 1911 I used this same style holster and it stayed in place and concealed with no discomfort. By the way, that is impressive considering I stand at six feet tall and am thin enough that I barely weigh over 155, so it's great for smaller frame or thin people.

They run about $75 each and can be ordered for left or right handed in black leather, though some models may have brown leather also available, directly from the Galco site, usgalco.com.

highplainsdrifter
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scharfschütze on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 pm

highplainsdrifter wrote:I have a Sig P229 that I carry in a Galco summer comfort. They are good leather and available with or without a thumb break. I like the open top and have never been concerned that the pistol will slip out. It holds very securely.

As for style, it is an iwb with two belt loops that snap so it is easy to put on and take off. It also has about a 15 degree forward can't that makes it easy to draw from the hip or kidney and is comfortable to wear all day. Even when I carried a 1911 I used this same style holster and it stayed in place and concealed with no discomfort. By the way, that is impressive considering I stand at six feet tall and am thin enough that I barely weigh over 155, so it's great for smaller frame or thin people.

They run about $75 each and can be ordered for left or right handed in black leather, though some models may have brown leather also available, directly from the Galco site, usgalco.com.
Thanks!!
I will check it out this afternoon.

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jakeg823 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Simply Rugged. The Cuda is a great holster. Hides my Browning Hi-Power very well IWB with the optional "inside out" straps and OWB

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scharfschütze on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

jakeg823 wrote:Simply Rugged. The Cuda is a great holster. Hides my Browning Hi-Power very well IWB with the optional "inside out" straps and OWB
Is Simply Rugged the mfg.?

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis12 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Scharfschütze wrote:I'm really tired of my flimsy Uncle Mike's inside-the-pants holster and I can't always wear the German shoulder holster that came with the pistol due to what I am wearing most of the time. I'd like a secure, stabile inside the belt holster that (if possible) I can quickly put on or remove when necessary. Oh and price is a consideration, I'd rather not break the bank - but yeah I know you get what you pay for.
I know there's a ton of experience with CCW holsters on this forum, I thank y'all in advance for any advice you may have to offer!
Don't feel bad you're not alone try midwayusa website I just bought a DeSantis Mad Max Tuckable but that website has great holster like Galco King Tuk and Comp Tac holster check it out

Davis12

Back to top Go down

Post by jakeg823 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Scharfschütze wrote:
jakeg823 wrote:Simply Rugged. The Cuda is a great holster. Hides my Browning Hi-Power very well IWB with the optional "inside out" straps and OWB
Is Simply Rugged the mfg.?

Yeah. I have 3 holsters from them. All great holsters

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cdwolf on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Get a crossbreed supertuck and start saving for a Milt sparks vmII...then your done.

cdwolf
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trojan on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:56 pm

I agree with CD Wolf, try the Crossbreed Spuer Tuck Delux and you cannot go wrong, you will love it, and you will tell people how much you love it. Just try the Crossbreed.

Trojan

Trojan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

http://www.triggertimetv.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scharfschütze on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Trojan wrote:I agree with CD Wolf, try the Crossbreed Spuer Tuck Delux and you cannot go wrong, you will love it, and you will tell people how much you love it. Just try the Crossbreed.

Trojan
OK a good recommended (preferably confirmed) dealer/source for this one?

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

CB for Sig

Post by Trojan on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:47 pm

You will not be disapointed!

www.crossbreedholsters.com

Trojan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

http://www.triggertimetv.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jakeg823 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:11 pm

The crossbreed is a dang good holster I LOVE mine. I'd go ahead and splurge for the horsehide if you sweat like I do.

I miss when you could get them from midway!

There's also a site called "crossbreed seconds" that is just returns and defects, so basically perfectly good holsters that are ready to go, BUT I believe it's cash only. It is run by the owner of crossbreed though so it is legit.

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top