Brookhaven city/ Ms noise ordinance laws??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brookhaven city/ Ms noise ordinance laws??

Post by Leferd on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Yesterday at approximately 11 am my wife and I were in Brookhaven and stopped at Bromas Deli to eat some lunch. We went inside to order our food and sat down at a window table. After a few minutes we decided it was too cold to sit inside because they had the a/c kicking pretty good. So we walked outside and sat in the sun at a table in their fenced courtyard. We had been sitting probably ten minutes enjoying the peace and quiet, when two punks drove their hopped up Tahoe around to the side of the building and parked about six feet from the fence. The passenger of the Tahoe goes inside and the driver stays put, by this time we have received our food and have began eating. Well to make a long story short, the driver "punk" rolls his window down, lights a cigarette, and starts playing some form of junk music way to loud to even think about eating. This goes on for about 2 or 3 minutes and he shuts it off. THEN he proceeds to change songs (to a song that isn't even allowed to be played over the radio) and play it a little louder. Now when I say his music couldn't be played over the radio, I mean it was filled with vulgarity and the worst of profane language, the kind I ESPECIALLY don't want my wife to have to hear. Besides it wasn't
like he didn't have a whole parking lot to do whatever he pleased and disturb no one. At this point I had made one attempt to get his attention by looking at him to no avail as had several other people. We are almost finished eating by now, but my blood is BOILING!! I make one more attempt to make eye contact with him and this time he sees me and turns it down a little.

Leferd
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Brookhaven city/ Ms noise ordinance laws??

Post by Leferd on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Sorry for the second post but my phone is acting stupid and I can't get it to scroll down to the end of what I had typed.
BACK TO MY RANT. Now my problem with all this is: This guy was doing all this on purpose and and everyone in the courtyard knew it too. WHAT could I have done to get the message to him that his behavior wasn't acceptable. Call the police department, or is that a mute point? I would like to know what the noise ordinance laws are in Brookhaven or is there any state laws.
I told my wife Lol that too bad I couldn't do like they do in the movies and tap my gun barrel on his window to make my point Lol.
I'm still kinda aggravated over his stupid actions and felt like venting. Thanks yall!!

Last edited by Leferd on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Leferd
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by canebreaker on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm

That's the kind I'd like to run a wire to and plug into 440.

canebreaker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Leferd on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 pm

canebreaker wrote:That's the kind I'd like to run a wire to and plug into 440.
Me and you both!!

Leferd
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladran on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Lots of cities and states have laws against it. But for some reason it's racist along with the "pull your pants up" law

Beladran

http://Junikerjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sand_man on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:06 pm

We have an ordinence here in Lucedale for no loud vehicles, radios and mufflers, in neighborhoods and no loud noise anywhere in town after 10 pm. Our cops enforce it too.

sand_man
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 94LEVERFAN on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 pm

I explained to a young gentleman (punk) 1 evening about 15 years ago what was FIXIN to happen if he didn't turn dow his offensive vulgar smut filled juke box. Asked nicely the first time. He copped an attitude. Long day, wasn't listening to it. Told him to cut it down, or I was gonna start puttin holes in it till it quit makin that offensive noise. Had a nine w 2 15 rd clips in back pocket. Still wanted to get an attitude. His buddy had a little sense, reached in the window and shut the juke box down. What really pissed me off was the fact that there was a lady at the next gas pump, late 60s or early 70s, having to listen to that crap. Could have been my Momma. O hell no, not gonna happen, I was tired, whooped and wore slap out, but the redneck in me came out. Didn't apologize then, ain't gonna do it now.

94LEVERFAN
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rw on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Being that i am into car audio, i take another approach to these punks... i can easily drown them out. Classical works very well... the looks on their faces are priceless when they cant hear their "music" over bachbusters. Or if im in my old mustang, the exhaust is more than enough to drown them out.
I have said to them more than once though if i wasnt in the car.."if i wanted to hear that sh!t i would ask you to turn it up"

Rw
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mackied on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm

If I had done this as a kid I would probably have gotten two whippings. One from the man I smarted off to and another when I got home after he called my mom and dad. We just didn't act that way when I was growing up.

mackied
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankerHC on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I cant stand it. But I have a solution now. Whenever I pull up at a light, into a parking lot, or happen to be driving down the road with one of these idiots blasting cRAP, If my window isnt down, I roll it down, turn my radio to 50's on 5 and blast a little Dion to em. lol

TankerHC
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpapaj on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 pm

94LEVERFAN wrote:O hell no, not gonna happen, I was tired, whooped and wore slap out, but the redneck in me came out. Didn't apologize then, ain't gonna do it now.

I like your attitude!!

coolpapaj
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nonnieselman on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 pm

The disrespect these days is gettin a bit much.

Was in jackson one evening at a redlight when some "punks" pulled up beside me in a peice-o-junk with their radio blarring the same crap as mentioned above.
Well i just so happen to have my 2step hooked up on my truck amd with the wastegate for the turbo was perfectly inline with his window and it was vented to the atmosphere.
When the 2step started at 4000rpm i thought that punk was fixin to have a heart attack. It was hilarious.
The wastegate was ear peircing loud. Basically sounded like somebody knocked the valve off a high pressure oxygen bottle, and mix in the engine popping on the 2step.
He prolly thought the aliens were after him.

I get to hear that kinda music everyday since our office is right on the edge of the "hood". But mostly police sirens

nonnieselman
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vermilion on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

I really want an EMP gun that I can "shoot" people's vehicles with to turn that s**t off.

Vermilion
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jdphotoguy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm sure most places have decency laws, so even if they don't have a law about the loud music, the cops might have been able to give him a citation for the vulgur lyrics. But hate to bother the cops with crap like this, they have more pressing things to worry about.

jdphotoguy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankerHC on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 am

I remember when I was living in Hattiesburg over 10 years ago and they advertised all over the news that the cops would be stopping and ticketing anyone who had music over a certain Db. level. The cops were issued Db. meters for their cars. I recall one report right after it started of an officer giving a ticket, after that, never heard another word about it.

TankerHC
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jakeg823 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 am

A carbeurated HD 1200 sportster with vance and hines pipes works well for me.....I have backed right up to their open windows at a red light on more than one occasion

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 am

Leferd wrote:Sorry for the second post but my phone is acting stupid and I can't get it to scroll down to the end of what I had typed.
BACK TO MY RANT. Now my problem with all this is: This guy was doing all this on purpose and and everyone in the courtyard knew it too. WHAT could I have done to get the message to him that his behavior wasn't acceptable. Call the police department, or is that a mute point? I would like to know what the noise ordinance laws are in Brookhaven or is there any state laws.
I told my wife Lol that too bad I couldn't do like they do in the movies and tap my gun barrel on his window to make my point Lol.
I'm still kinda aggravated over his stupid actions and felt like venting. Thanks yall!!

There's SUPPOSED to be a noise ordinance here, but I don't see them enforcing it all that much.

Next time just call the local PD. The non-emergency number here is 601-833-2424. I don't figure they'd appreciate folks calling 911 for something like loud music, even as annoying as it is.

I listen to my music loud sometimes too, but I keep my windows rolled up.

roll eyes

Brutus
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by savageshooter on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 pm

i parked in the middle of the street at a red light in petal mississippi once and told some punk to shut that crap off or he can talk to the police and i would hold him there till they came. my wife almost died, she couldnt believe i really did that.
we were roofing after katrina and these punks had their gd, mf music on and i called the police from the roof top and asked the dispatcher to listen, it was 2 blocks away and in just a few minutes it went silent.

savageshooter
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top