GUN STORES JACKSON,MS WHY SO HIGH

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GUN STORES JACKSON,MS WHY SO HIGH

Post by rezkid2261 on 17th June 2012, 13:32

LET ME ASK U GUY SOMETHING i buy about 2 new guns a month on average i go shop at vans the outfitter surplus city bass pro why is ITS THAT I CAN DRIVE TO COLUMBUS AND SAVE 2-300 ON THE SAME GUN ?IS IT BECAUSE WE ARE IN JACKSON AND STUFF JUST BRINGS MORE?I MEAN WHAT IS THE DEAL

rezkid2261

http://www.sigsauer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GUN STORES JACKSON,MS WHY SO HIGH

Post by Beladran on 17th June 2012, 13:39

Charge what the market will bare

Beladran

http://Junikerjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rdj94a on 17th June 2012, 16:48

the only way to bring them down is shop elsewhere!!

rdj94a
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by surehuntsalot on 17th June 2012, 17:10

that's why I will not buy any type of firearm from a mom and pop gun shop/local gunshop

surehuntsalot
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladran on 17th June 2012, 18:10

Service an attitude is more important to me than a few dollars.

Beladran

http://Junikerjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dhollis51 on 17th June 2012, 18:57

Beladran wrote:Service an attitude is more important to me than a few dollars.

Amen, but i would rather support a local small time ffl holder whos not trying to screw you over.

dhollis51
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by glockshooter on 17th June 2012, 19:39

Most of tbe small mom and pop gun shops I deal with are usually way cheaper than the big stores. I prefer the small places and would rather give them the business than the larger stores anyway.

glockshooter
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by senilking on 17th June 2012, 20:04

Yeah, there's something to be said about knowing the person you're dealing with. We've bought 3 or 4 from Richey's in Pontotoc and the price they sit at is fairly comparable, but after talking for a bit, they are usually a better deal. Most of the time, if you've bought a couple, or even your family has, they'll cut you a better deal just because they know you'll be back next time. Besides, mom and pop shops care about their reputation, and wanna do right with you, so are usually the most helpful when something goes wrong.

Don't get me wrong though, that's not every one of them. And my experiences have been with shops not on major highways. Shops in Jackson may be a little different.

senilking
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 94LEVERFAN on 17th June 2012, 20:39

rezkid2261 wrote: LET ME ASK U GUY SOMETHING i buy about 2 new guns a month on average i go shop at vans the outfitter surplus city bass pro why is ITS THAT I CAN DRIVE TO COLUMBUS AND SAVE 2-300 ON THE SAME GUN ?IS IT BECAUSE WE ARE IN JACKSON AND STUFF JUST BRINGS MORE?I MEAN WHAT IS THE DEAL

I am from Clinton. Try to support my home town people, (Surplus City). They are close pricewise to other vendors in Jax metro area. Don't know(or care) what folks in Columbus or the coast are charging. At $3+/ gallon, my 3/4ton 4x4 would burn $100 woth of gas round trip either destination.

Secondly, I appreciate the personal service I get at a local shop. Never had an issue with a firearm, but have had a couple with scopes. Bought both of them there, took the rifle in, they took it off the gun, sent it back to manufactuer, remounted and bore-sighted it both times. Had to pay postage 1 way to the factory.
Customer service is worth alot to me. I don't mind paying a SMALL premium for it. My $.02.

PS.
Surplus City has been around a long time and I try to support them. Bruce

94LEVERFAN
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tryn2hrd on 17th June 2012, 20:56

Same thing here in Philadelphia there is a (big gun store pawn shop) well known by several here that is just way to high. Could have something to do with all the hired help walking around bugging you.I have a buddy that has a small shop that tells me he will get me anything i want at 10% above his costs.I think that's fair and he will get my business from now on.

tryn2hrd
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragbike on 17th June 2012, 21:21

the big key to buying guns for me is the friendship i have made with the workers. i have found out the hard way but on the coast i use one shop and thats great people who had took care of me with no BS. this is what u need and every thang will go great

dragbike
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rezkid2261 on 17th June 2012, 22:13

Well when I can go to Gary's in Columbus and sig 226 is 400 cheaper and Ed brown alot cheaper and xd's are 250 cheaper and they are new and Gary has as much then anymore I will keep driving

rezkid2261

Back to top Go down

Post by senilking on 17th June 2012, 22:21

Yeah, Gary's is pretty nice. Both of them, Columbus and West Point. Almost bought my LCR there, but home town store had it for a few bucks more, no taxes, and holster thrown in the mix. Lol, ended up hating the holster, but from what I can tell, that's usually a buy 10 maybe like one kind of situation. They've also did our family right on a few firearms in the past.

I can't argue with you for driving to Columbus though, I still drive to Pontotoc for my gun needs. After buying guns for a few years, sticking with a good dealer probably breaks close to even as just buying the cheapest you can find. It's just a lot more enjoyable for me. Besides, who else is going to show us the error of our ways thinking we don't need that other gun they have?

senilking
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankerHC on 17th June 2012, 22:35

I try to buy locally, I especially like when I get a deal from an MSGO member. Vans is my favorite place to shop locally. For one thing, they have a huge inventory. Secondly, and something that works for me, is they have layaway. 10% down and they don't care how long it takes to pay for it. If I want something and the price is too high I simply go online. Vans is an example, when I bought my last 1911 I went to Vans with cash, no dealing and the gun was $400 more than what I got it for online. I have also purchased a rifle from Surplus City, I would buy more there but their Handgun selection is pretty limited (For me). Vans, in most cases, does sell guns at the limit of value, and no deals. But the layaway is a real convenience and I don't mind paying in the upper price range (As long as its not more than I can get it online, or the gun is worth) for that convenience. Plus Vans actually has knowledgeable people working for them.

TankerHC
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jakeg823 on 18th June 2012, 07:48

I am willing to pay van's ridiculous prices(on some guns not all) because of their inventory. Anyone with half a brain can figure out it costs them a LOT of money to cover that much inventory. I will buy elsewhere of course, but if vans doesn't have it then neither does anyone else typically

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rezkid2261 on 18th June 2012, 09:49

From what I have seen Gary's has a lot more then vans and like I said most of the time if it's 800 at vans it's 500 at Gary's

rezkid2261

Back to top Go down

Post by rezkid2261 on 18th June 2012, 09:50

And I will drive 1 1/2 for 400 bucks

rezkid2261

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddyQ on 18th June 2012, 10:10

I have bought more than a dozen probably closer to 2 dozen guns from Vans. They ALWAYS and I mean even from the first gun I bought from them have negotiated price with me. I bought in a magazine once and showed him look here they are closing this gun out for half what you are asking. He came down to real dam close to what they were asking and cut me a hell of a deal on some badger rings and a Burris XTR scope. Then on top of all that when the knob was hard to turn on the light on the scope he sent it back free(no shipping) when it returned and the knob was easy but the light no longer worked he sent it back again free. Each time he bore sighted for me and took care of me. I've bought bows from them too and they have Hoyt and PSE sponsored shooters working there. It means a lot when getting your bow set up not to have some dumba$$ put the wrong helical fletchings on your arrows. I have bought bows elsewhere and have had improperly tuned rests, peep sights, and just wrong sized in general. Plus you can shoot out back of the shop.
I do buy from friends that are FFLs who only charge me a few bucks to get the guns for me, but Van's has always been good to me.
Lastly the employees he has know me by name. When they see me at the Cracker Barrel they come over and say "Hey how have you been? Are you liking that such and such?"

BigDaddyQ
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddyQ on 18th June 2012, 10:13

rezkid2261 wrote:From what I have seen Gary's has a lot more then vans and like I said most of the time if it's 800 at vans it's 500 at Gary's

thats $300 then factor in time and gas. I'm losing money driving to columbus.

BigDaddyQ
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankerHC on 18th June 2012, 11:54

rezkid2261 wrote:From what I have seen Gary's has a lot more then vans and like I said most of the time if it's 800 at vans it's 500 at Gary's

WHere's Gary's? Dont think I know of that place.

TankerHC
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum