Disarming Veterans...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disarming Veterans...

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 pm

Traditionally, down through history, governments have disarmed their veterans who returned from foreign wars; lest they rise up in revolt against tyranny, oppressive taxes or abusive excess enjoyed by the privileged elite. It makes good sense if you are the ruling class.

The legislation that Feinstein plans to introduce... and the stated goals of our POTUS... would potentially do exactly that - disarming many of our veterans who have served and fought in Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan... and Vietnam... and other places.

Feinstein's proposed draconian firearm bans... and the president's calling for a closer scrutiny of mental health issues... will strip many Veterans of the firearms they own or hoped to own... and in many cases where individual Veterans are diagnosed with depression and/or PTSD, could outright deny them the possession of ANY firearm.

Of course, I'm not really saying this is the intent of our government's elected officials... but what they've stated for newer and tougher gun control is a defacto recipe for accomplishing the same... disarming our Veterans.

Just by chance... perhaps, if it was a good idea for the rulers of Rome... it's a good idea for the "ruling" class in this country... Shocked

Could it be?

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Disarming Veterans...

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:31 pm

More importantly HIPAA is meaningless in a nanny state.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm

nothing wrote:More importantly HIPAA is meaningless in a nanny state.

True. Very true.

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt.Dan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm

I know the whole PTSD thing is an issue with us, I quit the rehab program for it a long time ago. It says we have to be officially adjudicated mentally defective or whatever to not be able to own guns, I didn't want anything of that. I admit I have anger issues and some resentment towards certain groups but I can assure you I know what I'm doing with a firearm, and I'm pretty sure that's why they don't want us vets to have them haha.

Lt.Dan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Lt.Dan wrote:...I can assure you I know what I'm doing with a firearm, and I'm pretty sure that's why they don't want us vets to have them haha.

Exactly what I fear "they" might be thinking... 2 cents

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Don't forget the Bonus Army... and what happened to them.

1932 hasn't been that long ago. Shocked

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sidroski on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Voters and therefore politicians are behind vets, her bill will go nowhere. It is a good indicator of the intentions of the left however.
Cliff731 wrote:Don't forget the Bonus Army... and what happened to them.
That's a great example to answer the question will the Military and police use arms against fellow Americans.

sidroski
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CAJNFRND on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I think her bill is just a starting point. You ask for things you know you will never get, so that the compromise is exactly what you wanted in the first place......

CAJNFRND
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 pm

sidroski wrote:Voters and therefore politicians are behind vets, her bill will go nowhere. It is a good indicator of the intentions of the left however.

I'm guessing that by now, Feinstein might have in her hands an "eyes only" memo from the BATFE head informing her there's no way her long list of firearms to subsequently "register" is going to be feasible. There's just too many guns out there... it would take too long... they don't have the manpower nor never will... plus non-compliance will be a huge and stark reality.

Likely too, her fellow politicians are privately asking her if she's forgotten about something called "midterm elections".

sidroski wrote:
That's a great example to answer the question will the Military and police use arms against fellow Americans.

That is true, Sidroski... and even tanks were used.

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:57 pm

CAJNFRND wrote:I think her bill is just a starting point. You ask for things you know you will never get, so that the compromise is exactly what you wanted in the first place......

That's another very real possibility... my son expressed the same opinion.

He's thinking we'll likely end up with essentially a repeat of the previous AWB with mag cap limits and sanitized AR rifles/carbines.

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 pm

As a Veteran I think it is important we don't focus on this particular issue primarily as an attack on Veterans.

While it is true this is certainly an issue that will effect many vets, as a nation the issue is compounded. First and foremost this is a direct attack on Health information privacy and HIPAA. The only way for that crazy termagant's plan to work is to populate federal databases with everyone's mental health records and have government employees adjudicate the mental health of each individual.

If you go to a doctor for depression you will go into the database. Possible hypochondria? Into the data base. Your child has severe seperation anxiety? Into the database. My wife has narcolepsy, but before her sleep study the idiot doctor she was seeing convinced her it was depression and prescribed her a slew of meds. Into the database. Wanna quit smoking using Chantix? Into the database.

It's F'ing stupid! They have everything they are going to get from us. NFA, ATF, import/export restrictions, background checks, licensing, FFLs etc. no more compromise period.

Back to top Go down

Post by sidroski on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 am

nothing wrote:It's F'ing stupid! They have everything they are going to get from us. NFA, ATF, import/export restrictions, background checks, licensing, FFLs etc. no more compromise period.
Yes HIPAA is a joke. They'll be on us like a Clinton reading a tax return.

sidroski
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by revreb15miss on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:22 am

1932 hasn't been that long ago. Shocked

What was sad is that Douglas McArthur went after them.

revreb15miss
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davonwav on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Interesting HIPPA is a joke, in fact an oxymoron in that it empowers GOV with Obama """Care""" to use HIPPA as full access to anyone's medial record. Like 'nothing' said "right into their database!"

davonwav
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:10 pm

CAJNFRND wrote:I think her bill is just a starting point. You ask for things you know you will never get, so that the compromise is exactly what you wanted in the first place......
^^^This!^^^

Incidentally, the Govt taxed the sh** out of me last year, so excuse me but where is my "fiscal cliff" deal? Is it in Hawaii?

DevilDog
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

http://www.guthriefirm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff731 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 pm

DevilDog wrote:...Incidentally, the Govt taxed the sh** out of me last year, so excuse me but where is my "fiscal cliff" deal? Is it in Hawaii?

Probably so... lol blink

Cliff731
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cjc1227 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Bingo

cjc1227
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top