WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Mr. Sunshine on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 pm

- / +

Glad to see all of you having already convicted Mr. Law...

Last I remember, ...he is still innocent until proven guilty
in a "TRUE" court of law, and not the court of public
opinion.

What if it were you, ...would you also want to bypass
the "TRUE" court of law and proceed directly to the
penalties & sentencing phase? I doubt it! QUIT
convicting people based upon your own personal
predjudices!


+ / -

Mr. Sunshine
New Member
New Member

Posts: 2
Join date: 2013-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by PhillipM on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Mr. Sunshine wrote:- / +

Glad to see all of you having already convicted Mr. Law...

Last I remember, ...he is still innocent until proven guilty
in a "TRUE" court of law, and not the court of public
opinion.

What if it were you, ...would you also want to bypass
the "TRUE" court of law and proceed directly to the
penalties & sentencing phase? I doubt it! QUIT
convicting people based upon your own personal
predjudices!


+ / -

We are not a jury and therefore cannot acquit or convict anyone of anything and have every right to express our opinion.

On edit: Sorry if he's your bud.

PhillipM
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 4388
Join date: 2010-07-18
Age: 45
Location: Byram

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by captain-03 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Mr. Sunshine wrote:...Last I remember, ...he is still innocent until proven guilty in a "TRUE" court of law, and not the court of public opinion.

Yep -true -- however, OJs aquital did not make him any less guility in my eyes.

Mr. Sunshine wrote:What if it were you, ...would you also want to bypass the "TRUE" court of law and proceed directly to the penalties & sentencing phase? I doubt it! QUIT convicting people based upon your own personal predjudices![/color]

It ain't me .... However, I have not convicted him of anything .... even IF he walks, there was enough smoke for someone to yell "fire!!" Guess little Michael Jackson NEVER had a "like" for little boys .... Makes me sick!!!!

_________________
----------------------------------------
"For crying out loud, the Garand ain't a piece of fine china .. SMACK IT !!! Get yourself a rubber, plastic, wooden or leather hammer and smack the hell out of it. THAT is how they were put together when they were made."

"Then, Sir, we shall give them the bayonet" Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson

captain-03
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 16846
Join date: 2009-04-16
Age: 62
Location: Byram, MS

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by badger6 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:54 pm

MrGoodtime wrote:Age of consent in Ms is 17, and they can still charge a person with endangering a minor till age 18, he still should be hung upside dowm by his sack!

I'm not defending anyone's actions. My point is that, you would think that these type of people would at least try to keep themselves out of jail by not breaking the law. BTW, I could be wrong but the age of consent in MS is 16 as noted below in red. This topic came up the other day and I didn't believe it either until i looked it up. Hell, my best guess would have been 18 years old.


(3) The task force established under subsection (2) of this section shall continue in existence and shall study the effect that raising the statutory age of sexual consent to age sixteen (16) has on preventing and reducing the incidence of teenage out-of-wedlock pregnancies in Mississippi from July 1, 1998, to October 1, 1999. The task force shall consider whether raising the age of sexual consent to an age above age sixteen (16) would be more effective in preventing and reducing the incidence of teenage out-of-wedlock pregnancies in Mississippi. The task force shall publish its findings and recommendations, together with any proposed legislation, in a report to the Governor and the Legislature on or before January 1, 2000.

SECTION 2. Section 97-3-65, Mississippi Code of 1972, is amended as follows:

97-3-65. (1) The crime of statutory rape is committed when:

(a) Any person seventeen (17) years of age or older has sexual intercourse with a child who:

(i) Is at least fourteen (14) but under sixteen (16) years of age;

(ii) Is thirty-six (36) or more months younger than the person; and

(iii) Is not the person's spouse; or

(b) A person of any age has sexual intercourse with a child who:

(i) Is under the age of fourteen (14) years;

(ii) Is twenty-four (24) or more months younger than the person; and

(iii) Is not the person's spouse.

(c) Neither the victim's consent nor the victim's lack of chastity is a defense to a charge of statutory rape.

badger6
Established Poster
Established Poster

Posts: 141
Join date: 2012-03-07
Age: 42

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by badger6 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:57 pm

PhillipM wrote:
badger6 wrote:What I don't get about these people. Why on earth don't they find someone the age of legal consent. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's 16. I know that's still very young to be fooling around with, but hell at least you ain't breaking the law and going to jail.

How about he make due with his wife???

I totally agree. But I'm sure that you would agree that there is a big difference between a divorce and going to jail for being a sex offender. I just don't understand the thought process.

badger6
Established Poster
Established Poster

Posts: 141
Join date: 2012-03-07
Age: 42

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Mr. Sunshine on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 pm

+ / -

No, ...Mr. Law is not my bud! I do not even know
him, nor do I want to! I do not have anything against,
or for Mr. Law! I DO however, detest today's culture, in
which people are convicted, sentenced and executed, by
any number of methods, in the name of venting,
...expression of opinions, and yes, ...dare I say "Free
Speech!"

Can any of you tell me where Phillipians 4:8 fits in?
I can assure all of you that "if" Mr. Law is guilty, he
WILL receive his due punishment, just not from this
world's courts.

Here's a novel idea, ...how about lifting up Mr. Law
and his family in prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ; as
well as, the [ alleged ] victims & their families?

I am not trying to be contrarian or a pacifist, or anything
like that! I AM however seeking to promote prayer & peace
for all parties concerned. BTW, ...isn't there enough of
the gossip, and loose lips and slander and malice out
there already? Do you really NEED to fan the flames on
a media medium like this? REALLY ?

Also, let's imagine you're in this situation, or something
similar, ...would you want justice or mercy?


- / +

Mr. Sunshine
New Member
New Member

Posts: 2
Join date: 2013-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I think you should help fund his legal defense by hiring him as a baby sitter.


Edit to add:

Wow, two posts? Eric, have you talked to your lawyer about posting here?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by JoseyWalesX10 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 pm

nothing wrote:I think you should help fund his legal defense by hiring him as a baby sitter.


Edit to add:

Wow, two posts? Eric, have you talked to your lawyer about posting here?


lol, the screen name is a dead giveaway

JoseyWalesX10
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 549
Join date: 2010-11-21
Age: 33
Location: Byram

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Mr. Sunshine wrote:+ / -

No, ...Mr. Law is not my bud! I do not even know
him, nor do I want to! I do not have anything against,
or for Mr. Law! I DO however, detest today's culture, in
which people are convicted, sentenced and executed, by
any number of methods, in the name of venting,
...expression of opinions, and yes, ...dare I say "Free
Speech!"

Can any of you tell me where Phillipians 4:8 fits in?
I can assure all of you that "if" Mr. Law is guilty, he
WILL receive his due punishment, just not from this
world's courts.

Here's a novel idea, ...how about lifting up Mr. Law
and his family in prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ; as
well as, the [ alleged ] victims & their families?

I am not trying to be contrarian or a pacifist, or anything
like that! I AM however seeking to promote prayer & peace
for all parties concerned. BTW, ...isn't there enough of
the gossip, and loose lips and slander and malice out
there already? Do you really NEED to fan the flames on
a media medium like this? REALLY ?

Also, let's imagine you're in this situation, or something
similar, ...would you want justice or mercy?


- / +

Eric, no hard feelings. I just want to save your posts before your lawyer discovers them and has you delete them. If you aren't Eric I have to compliment you on your FABULOUS big thumb up trolling skills.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by JoseyWalesX10 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:45 pm

nothing wrote:

If you aren't Eric I have to compliment you on your FABULOUS big thumb up trolling skills.

Almost as good as you......

JoseyWalesX10
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 549
Join date: 2010-11-21
Age: 33
Location: Byram

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by PhillipM on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Mr. Sunshine wrote:+ / -

...

Also, let's imagine you're in this situation, or something
similar, ...would you want justice or mercy?


- / +

I think more of Luke 17:2 in this case.

If I were to imagine myself in this situation, if I were Mr. Law I'd want mercy, of course, however if I were the girl's father, it would be justice all the way!

PhillipM
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 4388
Join date: 2010-07-18
Age: 45
Location: Byram

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:48 pm

JoseyWalesX10 wrote:
nothing wrote:

If you aren't Eric I have to compliment you on your FABULOUS big thumb up trolling skills.

Almost as good as you......

Yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Myers on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Forecast shows stormy showers for Mr Law. Don't drop that soap!

Myers
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 1121
Join date: 2010-08-16
Age: 25
Location: Ridgeland, MS

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by fugan601 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm

JoseyWalesX10 wrote:
nothing wrote:I think you should help fund his legal defense by hiring him as a baby sitter.


Edit to add:

Wow, two posts? Eric, have you talked to your lawyer about posting here?


lol, the screen name is a dead giveaway

Both of these post

fugan601
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 722
Join date: 2011-02-02
Location: Jackson,Ms

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Scharfschütze on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm

I have to admit, as a father, my first instinct is to skip trial and go straight to the gelding...
But also, as one who works with teenagers on a daily basis, and who has seen more than one false allegation made which made life a living h*ll for the accused and their family, I must defer to the court system and due process. Many of our jaded-beyond-their-age teenagers are very aware of exactly what to say and do to get someone they dislike into a world of hurt.
So lacking more information I don't know if he is the scumbag as accused, or someone wrongly accused. I recommend we all stand back and neither gloat in unabashed Schadenfreude nor demand vengeance until the judicial process runs its course.
My 2 cents

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 4395
Join date: 2009-04-20
Location: In the SW part of the "Land Mass" between Louisiana and Alabama

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by PhillipM on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Scharfschütze wrote:I have to admit, as a father, my first instinct is to skip trial and go straight to the gelding...
But also, as one who works with teenagers on a daily basis, and who has seen more than one false allegation made which made life a living h*ll for the accused and their family, I must defer to the court system and due process. Many of our jaded-beyond-their-age teenagers are very aware of exactly what to say and do to get someone they dislike into a world of hurt.
So lacking more information I don't know if he is the scumbag as accused, or someone wrongly accused. I recommend we all stand back and neither gloat in unabashed Schadenfreude nor demand vengeance until the judicial process runs its course.
My 2 cents

The teen didn't allege anything, the parents suspected something, then they searched good ole Facebook and found conversations between the two implicating they had sex. It was only then that the teen was interviewed and revealed they did it in the ‘law and order’ room at his home.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130311/NEWS/303110052/Arrest-report-Facebook-postings-led-WLBT-meteorologist-Eric-Law-s-child-sex-charges

PhillipM
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 4388
Join date: 2010-07-18
Age: 45
Location: Byram

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 pm

And ironically Eric appears to pleading his case from the "law and order room".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by jakeg823 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Myers wrote:Forecast shows stormy showers for Mr Law. Don't drop that soap!

Actually I heard the weatherman said it would be in the low teens! BAN



No one here is convicting him. It takes two to tango IMO, but at the same time, if it is true he broke the law. THE END. If its not true then I hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Law and the resurrection of his seemingly ruined career.


With that said, I think that this conversation should be moved to the Round Table to prevent further trolling.

jakeg823
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 8041
Join date: 2010-01-11
Age: 25
Location: Richland

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by gunaddict on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 pm

jakeg823 wrote:
Myers wrote:Forecast shows stormy showers for Mr Law. Don't drop that soap!

Actually I heard the weatherman said it would be in the low teens! BAN



No one here is convicting him. It takes two to tango IMO, but at the same time, if it is true he broke the law. THE END. If its not true then I hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Law and the resurrection of his seemingly ruined career.


With that said, I think that this conversation should be moved to the Round Table to prevent further trolling.
+1

gunaddict
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Posts: 1266
Join date: 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: WLBT's meteorologist, Eric Law, arrested.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 pm

jakeg823 wrote:
With that said, I think that this conversation should be moved to the Round Table to prevent further trolling.


What??? Lame! This has the makings of a truly epic thread. DON'T RUIN THAT FOR ME! pull hair




Sunny D, please come back and tell us more. Why did you leave so quickly?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum