WalMart Ammo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WalMart Ammo

Post by PapaDawg on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Don't know if this is common among stores, but at the WalMart here in Flowood there's a sign posted in Sporting Goods directing folks to the package pick-up area for internet and ship to store sales. Says to queue up at 7:15 AM and ammo sales are on a first come-first served basis - same restrictions as before apply. Anyone else run into this at their local WM's?

PapaDawg
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: WalMart Ammo

Post by SnakeEyes on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Flowood Walmart manager I spoke to yesterday said an employee had been hiding ammo in the toy department. Some still shows in their system that they can't find. It either walked off or is hidden somewhere in the store. I guess some employees don't fear for their jobs.

SnakeEyes
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by senilking on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

SnakeEyes wrote:Flowood Walmart manager I spoke to yesterday said an employee had been hiding ammo in the toy department. Some still shows in their system that they can't find. It either walked off or is hidden somewhere in the store. I guess some employees don't fear for their jobs.

Probably make more on unemployment. Known several folks to work a month just so they could get all the assistance when they got fired.

On a separate note, come July 1st (hopefully the craziness is done by then) there are going to be 911 calls about weird old men with OC guns walking through the toy isles offering lollypops to any kids that find bullets. I just hope none of y'all drive a creeper van also.

senilking
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 pm

From what I've been able to see...it pretty much takes a bribe of the store clerk to get ammo at Walmart.

Have been by countless times...and only stumbled on a lil taste one time....

fortunately I've moved on to other pursuits...like 9mm uppers...not Walmart fare

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kool_Breeze on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:34 pm

senilking wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:Flowood Walmart manager I spoke to yesterday said an employee had been hiding ammo in the toy department. Some still shows in their system that they can't find. It either walked off or is hidden somewhere in the store. I guess some employees don't fear for their jobs.

Probably make more on unemployment. Known several folks to work a month just so they could get all the assistance when they got fired.

On a separate note, come July 1st (hopefully the craziness is done by then) there are going to be 911 calls about weird old men with OC guns walking through the toy isles offering lollypops to any kids that find bullets. I just hope none of y'all drive a creeper van also.

I didn't think you could get unemployment after being fired. I thought it had to be for reason of no fault of your own, like a layoff.

Kool_Breeze
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by senilking on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Kool_Breeze wrote:
senilking wrote:

I didn't think you could get unemployment after being fired. I thought it had to be for reason of no fault of your own, like a layoff.

You may be right. Probably are, actually. I just knew folks that took a short job so they could get on unemployment, but they may have quit or who knows what. Just know they told me they had to be working for a month or two before they could do it.

senilking
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rw on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 pm

If you see an employee playing games with the ammo, call corporate hq or a store manager. They will be fired. They have a policy in place that an employee cannot buy ammo till after it has been on the shelf for 24hrs.

Rw
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 pm

There aint been no ammo on the shelf in Clinton WalMart for 6 months lol

Forrest Wal-Mart was not much better when I stopped in a few weeks ago....

who died and made Wal-Mart the place we shop for ammo... scratch

We need some ammo stores....real ones.... Very Happy

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rw on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes there has been ammo on the shelf... I buy some almost everytime I go in there. Just have to know when it comes in

Rw
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowhunter32670 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Have to be there at the right time every day. I have been able to get something ever time I go. You have to be there early in the mornings. No weekend sales in flowood anymore I was told.

Bowhunter32670
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 am

I came across a good catch Sunday a week ago i think at wm in Clinton. Sunday afternoon they brought out a few boxes of ammo and set them on the counter to be put up. Don't think any of it made it to the shelves.

Hammer
Administrator/Founder
Administrator/Founder

http://www.msgunowners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 am

You see...the problem I have RW...is I work during the business day... lol

But I've stopped by at all hours and the shelves are bare cept for shotgun shells...maybe you should help me out and get me a taste... IDK

I aint sweating 223 any more...my 9mm complete upper just shipped and I'll be running 9mm's till the craziness ends...got lots of dem...I see a 9mm Dillon Square Deal on the horizon

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by O.S.O.K. on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 am

I've seen ammo at china mart - on and off and when there's something I want, I've bought three - now they're down to one box I guess. Recently this has been 40 S&W 165 fmj Winny. Before that, Fed 45 ACP ball.

I did see a box of 100 - 380 on the shelf recently - but I don't have a gun in that caliber.

I mostly shop on-line but that's been very iffy too.

I really don't need to be buying more ammo - just can't help myself when it's something I can use more of and it's priced normally...

O.S.O.K.
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah...I'd jump on it...even if I don't need it...when I see "normal"...Its getting better...but I think it's gonna be a good while before we see plentiful supply

I still can't understand why the ammo plants can't crank this stuff out...guess they scared to tool up....it takes time to bring production on....

Should have bought a another bolt action 270 Win...i'd have all the ammo I wanted Razz

strange times for sure

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by live2hunt on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 am

when it comes to the craziness of ammo sales, and people making, statements about WALMART being the only ammo store now. HERE IS ONE REASON WHY!!!!! BOUGHT 3, 5ORD BOXES OF 25ACP AMMO AT WALMART A FEW WEEKS AGO.....17.97 PER BOX....... WALKED IN THREE OTHER GUNS SHOPS IN HINDS AND RANKIN COUNTY THE SAME DAY..... SAME BRAND SAME ROUND COUNT ONE STORE WAS $34.95 PER POX, TWO OTHER STORES $48.95/PER BOX.... I ASKED WHY SO HIGH,,,,,,, YOU CANT GET THESE ANYWHERE...... I WALKED OUT TO THE TRUCK WALKED BACK IN WITH MY RECEIPT AND AMMO, AND SAID I GUESS YOU ARE WRONG......... THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE AND SHOPS THAT I WILL NOT EVER FORGET HOW THEY DID BUSINESS IN THIS TIME PERIOD........

live2hunt
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 am

TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF lol

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Milktasd on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I work at Walmart in flowood. They keep the ammo locked up and are only selling it Monday through Friday now. It's crazy to see people in the store sitting on the ground at 4:30am to get ammo at 8am when they start selling it.

As for on hands being off, it is possible for people to have hid stuff(store level or warehouse level) my dept the on hands will just change for no reason. Have tried to get it fixed for 5 years, but its like talking to wall.

Milktasd
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead5811 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm

As one who worked in Loss Prevention for a few years. I'd say the ammo probably walked out. If you willing to hide it somewhere I don't doubt you'd at least consider sealing it.

Jarhead5811
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mschviuz on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Milktasd wrote:I work at Walmart in flowood. They keep the ammo locked up and are only selling it Monday through Friday now. It's crazy to see people in the store sitting on the ground at 4:30am to get ammo at 8am when they start selling it.

The sorry part about that is most of those people are probably the ones listing multiple boxes of ammo on facebook groups, etc for 2 and 3 times the price it should be. I guess ammo gouging is the new easy job. Spend a few hours a morning at walmart and the rest of the day checking fb......f'ers

mschviuz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top