Segmented Silver Bars and Bullet Bullion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Segmented Silver Bars and Bullet Bullion

Post by ParacordPaul on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 am

Hey Guys,

Don't know if you've seen these yet but NWTM started selling bullet bullion a couple weeks ago.

http://silverbulletbullion.com/

They have good pricing and a nice buy back policy, these are my preferred silver buy. Stagecoach 1oz bars segmented on the reverse in 1/4oz sections.

https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/3903/Stagecoach_Silver_Bars_Sheet_of_10/

Paul.

ParacordPaul
Established Poster
Established Poster

http://www.paracordpaul.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Segmented Silver Bars and Bullet Bullion

Post by msredneck on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:41 am

How do you cut up the bars and not end up having some small amount of waste

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ParacordPaul on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Just crack them with your hand.

ParacordPaul
Established Poster
Established Poster

http://www.paracordpaul.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm

interesting

I really liked the silver bullet ones...pretty neat...so these folks will buy them back anytime you want at spot minus some fee I'm sure

I'm just trying to figure out how all this works...or is this only for barter material after the total collapse of American society...if that happens...food and ammo will be King....I can't eat that silver...could shoot them boolits however...maybe

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dcption on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Load em up and go werewolf hunting.

dcption
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scottyp on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 pm

The way I just read it, the bullets are non function. No shooty.
But a very cool novelty. The segmented coins would be the way to go though. I like.

scottyp
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 pm

I like the looks of the Stagecoach bars. Just a heads up. Silvertowne sells their logo'd 1oz bars for just at $2 over spot with free shipping. That's about the best deal I have seen anywhere for the 1oz bars.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:34 pm

$2 over spot and free shipping...man how dey stay in business

Ya'll ever sell any back or just buy

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Never sold any. I just started picking some up. Here's the link to Silvertowne http://www.silvertowne.com/p-11650-silvertowne-trademark-1oz-999-silver-bar.aspx

$31.70 shipped today, so roughly $2.90 over spot shipped. I bought a bar when silver was a hair over $29, and paid the same $31.70 shipped.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

msredneck wrote:$2 over spot and free shipping...man how dey stay in business

I wonder the same thing. I don't know much about the trading of precious metals. Reckon they buy at a discounted bulk rate?

deepsouth
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 pm

deepsouth wrote:
msredneck wrote:$2 over spot and free shipping...man how dey stay in business

I wonder the same thing. I don't know much about the trading of precious metals. Reckon they buy at a discounted bulk rate?

I'm guessing that's the only way they can do this. They do have decent prices on the other silver they have as well.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm just trying to understand how a company that sells it for $2 over spot and ships free...How they make money...

If you sell back to them what do they do...I don't consider silver a consumption item...eventually I wanna sell it...

Now I do understand the need for using it as barter...I got that concept

Anyway...The silver bullets are pretty cool..If I buy some...ya'll gonna buy em from me later....if shtf Wink

In other words...Is this a novelty...or an investment...my wife asks me that on every gun she see's lol

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gunaddict on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Bills here in Jackson will buy a little bit over spot price. And I also order from silver towne as well. Free shipping with no minimal order is a plus with bullion and they are very fair on price. I prefer American Eagles though because they are easy to tell if you have a fake.

gunaddict
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justjoe on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 pm

msredneck wrote:I'm just trying to understand how a company that sells it for $2 over spot and ships free...How they make money...

If you sell back to them what do they do...I don't consider silver a consumption item...eventually I wanna sell it...

Now I do understand the need for using it as barter...I got that concept

Anyway...The silver bullets are pretty cool..If I buy some...ya'll gonna buy em from me later....if shtf Wink

In other words...Is this a novelty...or an investment...my wife asks me that on every gun she see's lol
I thought the same thing last week when my buddy showed me. I wouldn't mind owning a couple. I'm sure someone would buy them but I won't be stacking 1oz 45ACP silver bullets.

justjoe
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gunaddict on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I have been buying it and using it for a way of savings, investment for retirement, and if need be you can cash it in anytime. Also have you ever thought of money being called bills - does that bother you- Its a piece of paper being printed on an empty account.

Since 1999, the dollar has fallen in value from about 123 mg of gold to less than 21 mg today – a drop of more than 80%. Overall, from 1900 to 2010, the dollar fell from 1500 mg to 25 mg, losing over 98% of it's purchasing power. Penny candy now costs 50 cents. The "Five and Dime" is now the Dollar Store

History repeats itself and I think we are setting ourselves up. Print baby print and they think thats the answer...

gunaddict
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justjoe on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm

I am buying when I have money. The only thing stopping me from having more is having tho live like a traditional responsible adult. Not accumulating debt, putting money in a Roth IRA, preps. After that I'm buying what I can find that is reasonable. I would like to have some silver bullets but it is a novelty. Similar to the MSGO coin. Sure I got one but really anything over silver content was just paying because I wanted one. What would be cool is filling a box of ammo with them.

justjoe
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gunaddict on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:31 pm

justjoe wrote:I am buying when I have money. The only thing stopping me from having more is having tho live like a traditional responsible adult. Not accumulating debt, putting money in a Roth IRA, preps. After that I'm buying what I can find that is reasonable. I would like to have some silver bullets but it is a novelty. Similar to the MSGO coin. Sure I got one but really anything over silver content was just paying because I wanted one. What would be cool is filling a box of ammo with them.

+1 I try and get an oz or 2 on payday at the best price I can get. I tend to get American Eagles though so its usually a few dollars more than spot.

gunaddict
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scharfschütze on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm

I recommend monarch precious metals; if you don't want to pay shipping / cc fees they'll hold your order for you to mail in a money order, etc. Best deal on US Eagles, usually.
I've found local dealers (ie pawn shops) who will sell "junk silver" pre-1964 coins for the daily spot price. Multiply the 90% silver weight x spot and buy dimes, quarters, halves and dollars. Watch the daily price online and strike when it drops. Last week it went down to around $28 -
There is already a barter economy developing. When the paper reaches its true value (ZERO) then there will be 2 means of conducting commerce: gold & silver will be currency, and barter of goods for goods. There are already a lot of transactions going on for gold/silver vs. desired items, no currency accepted.
As a final note, I heard several years ago from a LEO in California that a lot of the currency intercepted from drug smugglers sending it to money launderers offshore is not in dollars, but in euros...money seized is reported to the press in USD to hide this...if the criminal element has given up on the dollar, how long is it going to last?

Scharfschütze
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Location: In the SW part of the "Land Mass" between Louisiana and Alabama

Back to top Go down

Post by fastback65 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

I gotta tell you. If you offered me a segment from a silver bar or a US coin minted prior to 1964. I would probably let you keep the segment. Stock up on "junk" silver. Silver dimes quarters and halves. There is very little doubt as to authenticity and you already have lesser values than an ounce or a segmented bar. Just my 2cents worth.

Edited to add: NOW is the time to buy silver.

fastback65
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

http://prepperhaven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msredneck on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Went to Bills coin today and bought me just one of them new American Eagles....shiney...like it

Silver is high right now or so it seems...I'd like to know why ya'll so bullish on it besides US printing money like crazy...Stock mkt at a high today and doing well...

Gonna start diversifying some of my holdings...

Ya'll done got me started.... lol

msredneck
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top