Once fired brass?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Once fired brass?

Post by PWB on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Back when new brass was plentiful I always bought new brass and would reload it until it needed to be replace ..now that new brass is much harder to come by I've been looking at several companies offering cleaned/polished once fired brass...interested to hear from those who have experience with purchasing once fired brass and if you have any recommendations as far as which business you deal with...I'm looking at mostly pistol brass and 5.56 rifle brass.

PWB
Established Poster
Established Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Once fired brass?

Post by Will_M on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Never had an issue. All I've ever bought was once fired brass. Well over 75,000 rounds loaded on pistol. I usually lose it before it wears out.

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msubullyfan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I've bought from this guy and found him very pleasant to deal with.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=358827549

msubullyfan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BLK RIFLE on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 pm

I buy mine from www.diamondkbrass.com and always have gotten more than I ordered and good service. Had one problem and they sent me more than what I had bad. Good people to deal with.

BLK RIFLE
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 pm

This may sound odd, but check with local scrap yards around where you live. My grandpa is in pretty good with the owner of one around here. He gets 5 gallon buckets of brass in every few months. My grandpa buys it back at the scrap cost of brass. One of his friends reloads a good bit and sorts the brass. There are a few of us that get what we want out of it and he sells the remainder back at scrap price. I have gotten a lot of .223 and 5.56, as well as some 300 Blackout brass lately. Of course it will need to be cleaned but you can get a lot of brass at once at a small price, usually a little over $1/lb.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vick on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:38 pm

I regularly buy once fired brass as a starting point and have never had any problems. Since it wasn't fired in your chamber originally, be sure to full length resize it when you load it...you can neck size it if you want on the second loading after its been fired in your chamber.

Vick
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dhollis51 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Have bought from http://store.brassmanbrass.com/servlet/StoreFront before and was FAST SHIPPING and a GREAT PRODUCT. It's not processed but in great shape and at a great price.

dhollis51
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGoodtime on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:58 pm

BLK RIFLE wrote:I buy mine from www.diamondkbrass.com and always have gotten more than I ordered and good service. Had one problem and they sent me more than what I had bad. Good people to deal with.
+100, good folks to deal with

MrGoodtime
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msubullyfan on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:50 pm

MrGoodtime wrote:
BLK RIFLE wrote:I buy mine from www.diamondkbrass.com and always have gotten more than I ordered and good service. Had one problem and they sent me more than what I had bad. Good people to deal with.
+100, good folks to deal with
Just did a price comparison...  The Diamond K price for 1000 LC fully prepped brass is $250. The guy I mentioned from GunBroker is about $165 for the same thing. That's a pretty big difference. Or, am I missing something?

msubullyfan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by savageshooter on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 pm

i pick up all the brass i can at the ranges. sell, trade, barder, give away. always on the lookout.

savageshooter
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Haveme1 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:37 am

Ammo for sale here has some.

Haveme1
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BLK RIFLE on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:51 pm

msbullyfan
I didn't know about gunbroker till you told about buying there. The prices there are great. Just wonder what the response time and what, if any, recourse you have if not satisfied because you are sometimes dealing with individuals.

BLK RIFLE
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by msubullyfan on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 pm

BLK RIFLE wrote:msbullyfan
I didn't know about gunbroker till you told about buying there. The prices there are great. Just wonder what the response time and what, if any, recourse you have if not satisfied because you are sometimes dealing with individuals.
Look at the feedback rating of the seller. Look at the detailed reviews. If he's had a lot of transactions and people are pleased with his service, it will be evident.

I got my brass from that seller in about 4-5 days after he received my payment.

I've also bought 5 guns off GB. Never had a problem because I bought from reputable sellers.

msubullyfan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top