Met Barry & Eric of Moss Pawn Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met Barry & Eric of Moss Pawn Today

Post by Driveshaft on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 20:03

Rode a few miles down from Gainesville today after work and stopped by Moss Pawn and Gun to buy a reloading manual and got Barry and Eric to sign it for me. They were busy so I figured it would be just a signing and I'd be off. Eric wasn't having that. He talked my head off then turned it over to Barry for more of the same. What a great couple of guys. Real down to earth and very mindful of those who watch their youtube videos and helped make them the success they are. Good news for their fans, Eric told me they picked up a show with Discovery Channel. Will start shooting late this year and should have an air time in the spring or summer of next year. It is only six shows but lets hope that it gets picked up for more. It will feature guns and fun like they are want to do but also a lot of prepping info for the preppers out there. Eric showed me some of the things he is working on and the most interesting was a fish farm that uses the water from the fish pond to irrigate and fertilize a hydropontic plant site. That in turn filters the water which gets returned to the fish pond. So water loss is limited to the evaporation rate only. Needs very little replenishing and if monitored will be self sustaining. So there's your fish and veggies for the preppers. While it does need electricity it can be solar powered so that you are completely off the grid. Ideally it would be set up using a real fish pond and an acre to two of land for the garden.
While I was busy talking listening to Barry, Eric jumped to Barry's side and shoved Springfield XDS into Barry side and ordered to shutup and get back to work. Noticing the startled look on my face he offered me the gun to prove it was only a blue gun he had cerakoted black! I just laughed and said I didn't think he would intentionally muzzle sweep Barry! Didn't want Barry hurt, he's too cool a guy! Man the stories Barry can tell of what has happened in that store. Some very funny and others show how stupid some people are with firearms. It was a good time and they were very friendly and entertaining even though it was a busy day for them in the store. Now I have an autographed reloading manual to pass on to my son. It was a good day in Jonesboro, Ga. Smile

Driveshaft
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Met Barry & Eric of Moss Pawn Today

Post by dcption on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 20:17

That's cool their channel has really came along I enjoy their videos.

dcption
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirak on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 21:45

What are you doing in my neck of the woods (live in Buford)? And it's not a short drive from Gainsville to Moss Pawn! Your be better off going to the place in Winder. Though Eric and Barry wouldn't be there! Did you happen to check the powder supply and or bullet supply BTW?

Kevin

Smirak
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driveshaft on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 21:55

I am in your neck of the woods because I took a job in Gainesville. Took after they evaluated me and offered the job. So I put some money in the house to sell it and quit my job to work with them , only to be let go after two weeks. Seems I was miss evaluated. They did allow me to work here until Oct 1st so I could find something.

Driveshaft
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driveshaft on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 22:07

Btw, no I didn't check the powder or bullets. They had some if both but I didn't look close enough to see exactly what they had. Sorry, but with my dillon back home it just wasn't high on my list.

Driveshaft
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stewbaby on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 20:58

Looks like no more Barry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxfWHnTocDA

stewbaby
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driveshaft on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 18:56

Yea I found that video searching for what had happened to Barry. Eric posted a video stating that Barry was no longer with Moss Pawn but wouldn't elaborate on the matter. Hate to see him get in so much trouble but at least the receiving of stolen property charge is a misdemeanor. It is the DUI charge that will cost him.

Driveshaft
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stewbaby on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 22:10

Looks like Barry has passed away.

stewbaby
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LugerT on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 22:14

stewbaby wrote:Looks like Barry has passed away.
Yes Barry has passed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HW2IwtsBw

LugerT
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum