Academy Sports

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Academy Sports

Post by canebreaker on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Academy Sports opened a store on Collierville, TN, not to far from my house. Grand opening was this weekend. An ad on tv says they will have another one Oct 11 thru 14th.
I carried my granddaughter with me friday and saturday. They had a large stock of 22LR and 9mm ammo, limit 2 boxes. Winchester Wildcats were $2.49 per box of 50 and CCI LR 100 pack were $7.49. I ended up with 3 bricks of Wildcats plus all the other stuff we bought. They have the EZ up canopies in different colors for $49 so I got 2 pink ones.

canebreaker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Academy Sports

Post by DevilDog on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 am

Academy is one (long) block from my office on County Line Road in Jackson. They usually have pretty good prices, and a decent selection of weapons. If I were in the market for a gun it would be one of the first places I would look, and they have a good selection of BBQ gear, etc.

In God we trust.  All others will be cross-examined.

DevilDog
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

http://www.guthriefirm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miker84 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 pm

I hear there'll be an Academy in Southaven next year. In other news, I just got this message from Tom at Rangemaster in Memphis....

In October,  Academy Sports opened a new store in Collierville, where I live. On the fifth day of operation they had their first negligent discharge of a firearm inside the store. An idiot took his holstered handgun out of its holster in the gun department, and in the process caused it to fire. Fortunately, no one was injured. Collierville police responded, and after reviewing the store’s surveillance videos decided to charge the doofus criminally with Reckless Endangerment. They decided to charge him because review of the video showed him pulling the gun from the holster with his finger in the trigger guard, which caused the gun to fire. This was in no way an accident—it was pure and simple negligence. Willful negligence like this is usually the result of no training, or inadequate training. I would be willing to bet this dumb-ass “grew up around guns”, and thus felt no need for professional training.

miker84
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by canebreaker on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Miker, someone told Kayla about a new store in Southaven next year, I was going to wait.
That must have been tuesday, first day was friday. Fine the heck out of the doofus and let him serve about 30 days at the county's finest Inn.
Devil Dog, I try to stay away from that BBQ gear selection, it tries to make me look fat.

canebreaker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hogman23 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:50 am

Looks like Academy is building a store right behind the Cup's at Dogwood now. That's my only problem with them is that they are located all the way over in Ridgeland.

hogman23
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stewbaby on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:10 pm

hogman23 wrote:Looks like Academy is building a store right behind the Cup's at Dogwood now.  That's my only problem with them is that they are located all the way over in Ridgeland.
Yeap, coming to Flowood...maybe they'll put the Dick's out of business.

stewbaby
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hogman23 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm

stewbaby wrote:
hogman23 wrote:Looks like Academy is building a store right behind the Cup's at Dogwood now.  That's my only problem with them is that they are located all the way over in Ridgeland.
That is exactly what I said to my wife last night.

hogman23
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by canebreaker on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 pm

I've been to Dick's 3 times, once in Johnson City, TN; Nashville, TN and Germantown, TN.
Just looking, nothing bought. I found it elsewhere cheaper.

canebreaker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by suberjc on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 am

I've never been to Academy or Dick's. Do they sell reloading components?
Where are they currently located?

suberjc
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driveshaft on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 am

suberjc wrote:I've never been to Academy or Dick's. Do they sell reloading components?
Where are they currently located?
 Dick's is on Lakeland drive past Flowood drive. It's in Dogwood Festival shopping center on the south side of Lakeland. If you want service at the gun counter you will have to seek it out. I stood there for 20 minutes waiting to buy my .22 Savage. I don't know if they have reloading components.

Last edited by Driveshaft on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Driveshaft
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by drmadison78 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:51 am

Awesome I wondered why they were clearing all that out, I drive past it everyday.

drmadison78
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eaglestroker on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:43 am

We went in a week or so ago, their gun inventory looked pretty good with the more modern stuff.

BigRobsGunleather

Joe S. wrote:...... A 45/70 winchester is the supreme choice.

Eaglestroker
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

http://bigrobsgunleather.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by canebreaker on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 am

I asked at Academy about reloading supplies. The guy said we have some in the stockroom, just got to find shelf space for it. I asked what they had and prices. He said it's all locked up, not in resell inventory yet.

canebreaker
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellis93 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 pm

canebreaker wrote:I asked at Academy about reloading supplies. The guy said we have some in the stockroom, just got to find shelf space for it. I asked what they had and prices. He said it's all locked up, not in resell inventory yet.
Neither one in Mobile have reloading stuff, I asked about it at both and both times I was looked at like I had three eyeballs.

Ellis93
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cranedriver on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I have seen primers at the store in Gulfport, also they sell reloading stuff on their website hopefully it will eventually come to the retail stores,

cranedriver
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cjc1227 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:41 pm

stewbaby wrote:
Same thing in diberville. I hope they shut the commies at Dicks down. They suck.

cjc1227
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top