NFA wait time support group

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NFA wait time support group

Post by Will_M on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:45 am

As Form 4 wait times continue to climb, I'm still waiting on a pair of Form 3's to clear for a couple months now. Even if both of those started form 4's today, it would be early 2015 before I take them home.

I've got the NFA blues. What about you?

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: NFA wait time support group

Post by Leadburner on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:23 am

I think I need a hug.

Leadburner
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddyQ on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am

Any ideas how long a Form 1 is taking these days?

BigDaddyQ
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JKtruck150 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 pm

ATF says 15 months......holy sheep

Mine will be sent off later this month. Sad

JKtruck150
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm

I was told 9 months from "pending" the other day by the ATF. I went pending the end of May. That will put me at right at a year from initial purchase of my can to taking possession of it.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitwise on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

The model of government efficiency.

I wish they would just say "85 years from the pending date" so it could be challenged. I guess as long as it's less than the average life expectancy there aren't grounds.

The second and all subsequent NFA transfers should take no longer than a NICS check. It's not a "background investigation" - it's a TAX and a paperwork shuffle. For that matter, there should be no reason that NFA tax stamps shouldn't be bought freely like postage stamps, liquor stamps, or even marijuana stamps (yeah, they exist).

There is, I guess, potentially good news. For those of you with MGs still on your "to buy" list, the conjecture is that the stupid long wait times combined with the potential upcoming trust change could drive down prices. Fewer buyers available if a CLEO signoff becomes universal and wealthy dabblers might be put off by waiting more than a year. Hm... I might have to pick up that RR UZI in the coming years if that turns out to be true.

Bitwise
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrado on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

I firmly believe that its the government deliberately engaging in a form of 2nd amendment infringement. groan 

Jarrado
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sexy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm

This coming January I will have been waiting 2 years for my sbr stamp. Call them and there is no reason it's taking so long. Call again and they seemed to have lost my papers. I want a refund with a monthly crazy check courtesy of the ATF.

Big Sexy
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Insomniac on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Big Sexy wrote:This coming January I will have been waiting 2 years for my sbr stamp. Call them and there is no reason it's taking so long. Call again and they seemed to have lost my papers. I want a refund with a monthly crazy check courtesy of the ATF.
Seriously? Jan will be 2 years and they have not / can not give you an explanation or status? If they are telling you they lost the paperwork what are you gonna do? Are you gonna re-submit it? And if so, does it get handled immediately...sort of like an error correction?

Regards,

G.
Wonderer

Insomniac
Full Poster
Full Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SubGunFan on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Even though I have nothing "in the loop", I too think the long wait times are "gooberment made".  Back in 1981 (remember, pre-PC computers and Internet years) I had a Form 4 take about TWO WEEKS from mailbox to mailbox. 

Today with fast PCs, scanners, better software, digital files, network infastructures, etc., I see no reason a transfer should take more than 2 months max...... even with an increased volume. 

SubGunFan
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrado on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Government is like a man that loves him some krispy creme donuts..... the bigger it gets, the slower it becomes.... er... that didn't come out right. You get what I mean.

Jarrado
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by miker84 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:47 am

I've got two lovely suppressors serving time while the F4's work their way through the government meat grinder. Probably going to send in another F1 and F4 around New Year's. Every now and then, I almost make it through a day without thinking about it.

miker84
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tha1000 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 am

Still waiting on my suppressor pending in mid march and just had an sbr form 1 go pending in October..  Initial estimate on my suppressor was October, and then the error letter arrived to my dealer. Sad

tha1000
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Will_M on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:54 am

I got an error letter back as well. I'm told the best thing to do is just send in another form every couple of months so that the wait doesn't seem as long. The first one has to be the worst.

I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL due soon, followed by an SWR Octane 9HD and a Thompson Machine Diamondback sitting on Form 3's. What's everyone else waiting on?

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tha1000 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 am

Will_M wrote:I got an error letter back as well. I'm told the best thing to do is just send in another form every couple of months so that the wait doesn't seem as long. The first one has to be the worst.

I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL due soon, followed by an SWR Octane 9HD and a Thompson Machine Diamondback sitting on Form 3's. What's everyone else waiting on?
I'm waiting to find some money that I don't have earmarked for something else.. it might be a while.

tha1000
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jwatts on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:33 am

I am waiting on my YHM Ti QD 7.62 can. I plan to put in the paperwork for an sbr pretty soon.

jwatts
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitwise on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:58 am

Will_M wrote: I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL due soon, followed by an SWR Octane 9HD and a Thompson Machine Diamondback sitting on Form 3's. What's everyone else waiting on?
I predict you'll love the Octane.

I've got an SDN6, Kestrel AK, two SBRs (UZI and AR), and four Form 1 cans pending. I'm thinking about putting another couple of Form 1 suppressors in the works - get it while it's good and transfers to my trust don't require a CLEO signoff.

Bitwise
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Will_M on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Bitwise wrote:
Will_M wrote: I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL due soon, followed by an SWR Octane 9HD and a Thompson Machine Diamondback sitting on Form 3's. What's everyone else waiting on?

I've got an SDN6, Kestrel AK, two SBRs (UZI and AR), and four Form 1 cans pending. I'm thinking about putting another couple of Form 1 suppressors in the works - get it while it's good and transfers to my trust don't require a CLEO signoff.
I hope so. A friend got his back recently and he was disappointed with the performance on his Glock 22 that he converted to 9mm. Not sure if it was that setup or what, but it wasn't as quiet as I expected. Other cans were quieter on that gun and the silencer was quieter on other hosts so maybe it was just that combo.

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rw on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Will_M wrote:
Bitwise wrote:

I hope so. A friend got his back recently and he was disappointed with the performance on his Glock 22 that he converted to 9mm. Not sure if it was that setup or what, but it wasn't as quiet as I expected. Other cans were quieter on that gun and the silencer was quieter on other hosts so maybe it was just that combo.
I saw on silencer talk that you had bought the diamonback, i am curious to see how that one performs when you finally get it in.

Rw
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Will_M on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I gotta pick a new screen name.

But yes. A 1"x4.125", 3.7oz, 9mm can for $189? Yeah that was an impulse buy.

Good news is my SOT will probably let me come play with them once the form 3 clears.

Will_M
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top